Responsible for assisting clients and in all activities of daily living (ADLs) and to ensure that the basic needs and goals of individuals are met. Direct Care Support Staff serve as advocates, assisting in the implementation of programs for development of social and daily living skills. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide assistance to clients in completion of ADLs – showering/bathing, toileting, dressing, personal hygiene/grooming, apartment/room cleanliness.
- Provide transportation in company vehicles and accompany clients to medical appointments, personal and group recreational group activities, shopping, etc.
- Ensure individuals schedule is followed and implement behavioral plan
- Assist with medication administration after successful completion of Department of Public Welfare mandated training
- Complete required documentation
The direct Care Support Staff position requires working a minimum of 5 weekend shifts/month and some holidays.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must have transportation to work – no public transportation is available
- Proof of a high school diploma, GED and/or college/university degree from a US educational institution or equivalency certification from World Education services or Educational Credential Evaluator Services for non-US diploma or degree or active status on PA CNA registry.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Human Services/Direct Care experience as an employee, volunteer or for a family member
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English language
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Physical requirements-position requires walking, standing, stooping, sitting, kneeling, bending, pushing and pulling. Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds.
A desirable applicant will also be flexible, able to work as part of a team, reliable and committed to working with individuals with disabilities.
The pay is $12.00/hour
Sunday to Thurday 3-11
Tuesday – Saturday 3-11
Sunday – Thursday 5-9
Tuesday – Saturday 5-9
Monday – Friday 9-5
Weekend Power Shifts: Saturday and Sunday 7a-11p and Monday or Friday 3-11
If you are interested please contact Shauntic Hargrove:
(p) 215-664-3200, prompt 1, extension 112