Behavior Specialist Consultant
Description: Independent contract position and a member of interdisciplinary clinical team in what is known as “wraparound” or Behavioral Health Rehabilitative Services (BHRS). BSCs may work in the school, or in the home/community setting – after-school, or early evening hours, depending on needs.
Location: Philadelphia and surrounding counties
• Write and monitor behavioral treatment plan for children diagnosed with behavioral and mental health disorders. Disorders include, but are not limited to: Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD).
• Provide assistance in the development of adaptive skills in order for the diagnosed child to take a more positive role in the school, home and community setting.
• Provide prescribed behavioral consultation to the family and/or school.
• Train the Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) on appropriate therapeutic interventions.
• Conduct Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA) as needed.
• Cases are typically authorized 2-3 hpw for each client’s family, based on medical necessity, and can build a caseload of multiple clients.
Experience/ Education Requirements:
• Master’s degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline such as Clinical Psychology, Counseling, Clinical Social Work, etc.
• The Master’s degree must include at least 12 credit hours in behavior management theories, interventions, protocols and techniques AND 1 year of verified post graduate experience writing treatment plans and using behavior analysis/modification techniques.
• Behavior Modification training – at least 8 hours (required per year)
• Experience working with children diagnosed with ASD highly preferred.
• Professional License – License Behavior Specialist through the PA Board of Medicine OR LSW, LCSW, LPC, LMFT highly preferred
• PA Child Abuse (Act 151) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
• PA Criminal (Act 34) Clearance (Current within 1 year)
• FBI – Department of Human Services: Federal Criminal History Report (Current within 1 year)
• Physical and TB screening (Current within 1 year)
• Professional Liability Insurance
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org