U.S. Medical Staffing, inc. has current openings for Certified Medication Technicians (CMT) & Direct Support Professionals (DSP) throughout the Baltimore market.
Position Summary: The CMT or Direct Support Professional provides constant supervision, training, and personal care assistance to adults with intellectual disabilities in order to promote each person’s growth toward his/her highest potential always following his/her individual plan and goals.
They are required to have general knowledge of rehabilitation and long-term mental illness, oversees the daily activities to achieve individuals’ stated goals, supports consumers in daily care of home including housekeeping, maintenance and assist in meal preparation, assists with client community outings, etc. Must be able to lift 20lbs or more.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in facilitation of consumer activity as assigned
- Implements behavior programs in accordance with approved Behavior Plan. Uses approved crisis intervention techniques in emergency situations when persons served are in danger of injuring themselves or others.
- Handles all emergency situations in accordance with Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with medication monitoring according to policy.
- Assist with arranging transportation. Accompany and participate in consumer’s appointments as needed.
- Promote and ensure the health safety and security, organization, and home-like atmosphere of the residential environments of designated residents.
- Monitor consumer’s self-administration of medication, as needed.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform individual assessment, planning and implementation in both structured and unstructured settings.
- Ability to prioritize consumer’s needs and manage time to complete assignments.
- Skills in Microsoft office suite, and ability to learn computer skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of psychiatric rehabilitation concepts, and a general understanding of mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- All applicants must have a valid driver’s license, be able to provide applicable certifications, training’s and reports as needed.
- Resume with 1 year relevant experience
- High School Diploma/GED required (BA degree a plus)
- MD Criminal Clearance (current within one year)
- CPR and First Aid (current)
- Physical and TB (current within one year)
- Valid driver’s license
- Motor Vehicle Report
- Must have FBI clearance if resided outside of MD in the past 2 years
- Two professional references