Certified Peer Specialist – CPS
LOCATION- Philadelphia PA
We are currently seeking a dedicated Certified Peer Specialists to fill our Full time opening. The Certified Peer Support Specialist provides peer support services, therapeutic interactions designed to promote empowerment, self-determination, understanding, coping skills, and resilience through mentoring and service coordination supports. Assist program participants with mental illnesses and co-occurring disorders to regain control over their own lives and their own recovery process.
A person who is self-identified as having met the criteria for serious mental illness as defined in the Mental Health Bulletin (OMH-94-04) who utilizes or has utilized mental health and/or co-occurring services and has been trained and certified to help her/his peer identify and achieve specific self-determined goals.
• Must be a certified Peer Specialist certified by a PA State approved entity.
•Demonstrates knowledge of recovery/wellness principles and ability to model and mentor the recovery process and demonstrate effective coping skills.
• A high school diploma or GED or one year of paid or volunteer work; or any combination of experience, education or training that would provide the level of knowledge, skill and ability required.
• Ability to establish supporting trusting relationships with people with mental illness and respect for people’s rights and personal preferences is essential.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record required