School-based Personal Care Assistant for 2018-2019 school year!
Lower Bucks County
- High School Diploma, required
- Associate’s Degree in Child Development or related field, preferred
- Training in Crisis Intervention, preferred
- CPR/First Aid Certified, required
- Pennsylvania Criminal Background Check, required
- FBI Fingerprint record, required
- Childline Child Abuse Clearance, required
- 1 year Experience working with children with special needs, preferred
- 1 year Experience working in an educational setting, preferred
A Personal Care Assistant is a Paraprofessional whose role is to increase the quality of education by assisting one particular student with instructional and non-instructional activities. Personal Care Assistants (PCAs) are not responsible for the design, direction or evaluation of the teaching/learning process. Because the PCA is assisting one particular student, regular attendance is required to fulfill the duties of this position. A Personal Care Assistant may be used in any instructional situation under the direct, immediate supervision of a certified professional to perform those tasks specified in the job description. The role of the assistant varies according to the program assignment. Usually, duties will vary from program to program.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to: email@example.com