The Residential House Supervisor/ Manager reports to the Assistant Residential Program Director. The House Manager is responsible for the supervision of Direct Support Professionals working in their program, the health and safety of persons served, and the day-to-day operations of the residential site. Essential skills include empathy, compassion, teamwork, striving for excellence, willingness to learn, and a desire for a challenging growth opportunity. Residential Counselors provide skills training and assist residents with activities of daily living, encouraging them to participate actively in caring for their homes and engaging them in community experiences. The programs are medically inclined which include residents with with feeding tubes, flushing, and repositioning.
- Maintains a work-site that is representative of the Agency’s core values
- Ensures house operations are in compliance with 6400 Regulations
- Oversees house operations and services
- Fosters a work-site that respects confidentiality, complies with HIPPA and protects the rights of persons served
- Ensures a “home-like” environment, a home that is clean and well-maintained
- Knowledge, adherence, and implementation of the Agency policies in accordance with the Residential Operations Policies and Procedures. Provide appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Oversee two locations (Hillcrest and Omega
- Four plus years’ experience in a Residential Facility governed by 6400 Regulations
- 60 Credits (Human Services)
- Two years supervisory experience
- Reliable transportation
- Current Physical, PPD, CPR, First Aid, Criminal Record check, Child Abuse Clearance
- Must be flexible
Contact: Kriston McFadden 215-664-3200, ext. 102; email@example.com